Future counseling methods in forestry
The MetNe project, funded by the Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry, aims to develop tools and equipment needed for local and remote forestry consulting situations. In the project, FrostBit has innovated and developed new and more accessible solutions as tools for the future advisory methods of multi-purpose forestry, using, among other things, web browser-based visualization so that the tools and 3D visualization of the forest are available on any device and within a couple of clicks.
The project explores the following perspectives:
- How can the goals of a multi-objective forest owner be met in forest counseling, and how can the comparison of alternatives be developed to support decision-making processes?
- What kind of counseling methods, materials and applications are needed in current and future remote counseling situations?
- What kind of materials will be needed in counseling situations that take place in close contact in the future?
- How should geospatial data be visualized so that the user experience of the forest owner can be improved?
- In what way must the methods and materials for advising multi-purpose forest owners be developed in the future?
Monitavoitteisen metsätalouden tulevaisuuden neuvontamenetelmät
01/04/2021 – 31/12/2023
647 455 €
The project has been carried out in collaboration with many forestry operators. The goal is to develop materials to meet the requirements of the current operating environment and the forest owner, for example from the perspectives of maximizing the profitability of wood production, carbon sequestration, producing ecosystem services, nature tourism and cultural services. The measures offer new types of counseling methods and materials, as well as a road map that takes into account the current and future needs of the renewal.